Chris Kratt graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biology from none other than Carleton College in 1992, went on to receive a Watson fellowship and became the co-host of various science TV shows for children with his brother Martin Kratt (a zoology major from Duke). I used to watch Kratt's Creatures, along with Bill Nye, every single day after school in fourth grade...after watching anthills on the way home from the bus. These hosts were just so ridiculously enthusiastic about everything related to science and spoke with such love and genuine passion for teaching. It's no wonder I took up a biology major after such propaganda (should I admit here that my first celebrity crush was Bill Nye??), and I can only hope to enter the field with the same fervor.
Friday, January 8, 2010
What else can you do with a BA in Biology?
Chris Kratt graduated with a bachelor's degree in Biology from none other than Carleton College in 1992, went on to receive a Watson fellowship and became the co-host of various science TV shows for children with his brother Martin Kratt (a zoology major from Duke). I used to watch Kratt's Creatures, along with Bill Nye, every single day after school in fourth grade...after watching anthills on the way home from the bus. These hosts were just so ridiculously enthusiastic about everything related to science and spoke with such love and genuine passion for teaching. It's no wonder I took up a biology major after such propaganda (should I admit here that my first celebrity crush was Bill Nye??), and I can only hope to enter the field with the same fervor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment